Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Weepers: The Other Life By Susanne Winnacker

I really enjoyed this book; it was very easy to read and had me wanting more throughout the entire story. The characters were very easy to relate too, and the book was written very well.

When the story starts out we meet Sherry. Sherry has been in a bunker for 3 years 1 month, 1 week, and 6 days. It's a small bunker, one where nobody gets any alone time. So you can only imagine the tension building up between the family. In the bunker are her thirteen year old brother Bobby, her little sister Mia, her mother and father, and her grandmother; but what’s even more disturbing is that her grandfather has been dead in the freezer for the last six months. So what happens when you run out of food? Well the first thing that happens is a fight, between Sherry’s mother and father. Who wouldn’t fight about that though, I mean you just found out that your only option is to face the unknown world, or starve to death. Scared for the life of his family Sherry’s father makes the hard decision of leaving the bunker to find food for his family. Only he’s not going alone, he’s taking Sherry.

The world is nothing like they remembered it to be. There is no life anywhere that they can find, and Sherry always feels as if she’s being watched. So when her dad suddenly goes missing and she is attacked she has no idea what to do and how to go about things. That is until Joshua steps in.
I loved Joshua right from the beginning. The things he has had to face, and what he has lived through would be tough on any person; but he somehow manages to go own with life considering there isn’t much to live for.

I'm a huge dystopian fan. I don't read them a whole lot and I’m not sure why because they always leave me wanting to read another one and this one did just that. I will be not so patiently waiting for the next book in the series.

The characters in this book are very likable. Joshua seems like a hard ass but really he's trying to make up for what he thinks is his own mistake, but really he had no way of stopping it.
The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it was so short. I read it in a little over three and a half hours. I just wish it would have been a little longer and had a little more action in it. Other than that it is a great read, and I can't wait until the next one comes out. I can't wait to see where Joshua and Sherry's relationship will go, and more importantly if there is a cure.

Here is the Link to Buy this Book!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Weepers-Other-Life-ebook/dp/B007FXRW8S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1360275601&sr=8-7&keywords=the+other+life

No comments:

Post a Comment