Friday, February 8, 2013

Obsidian Review

Obsidian
Jennifer L. Armentrout
When seventeen-year-old Katy Swartz moved to West Virginia right before her senior year, she’d pretty much resigned herself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring, but then she spotted her hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up…until he opened his mouth. Daemon Black is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. It’s hate at first sight, but when a stranger attacks her and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. The hot guy next door? Well, he’s an alien. Turns out that Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities and Katy is caught in the crosshairs. Daemon’s touch has lit her up like the Vegas Strip and the only way she’s getting out of this alive is by sticking close to him until her alien mojo fades. That is if she doesn’t kill him first.
Review
The first question I asked myself when I finished this book was why? Why had I chosen this book to read? I never ever read books about aliens, and never have I ever wanted to. So when I read the synopsis to this book I can’t even tell you what it was that had drawn my attention to the book. Was it the hot couple on the front cover, was it because I love the way Jennifer L. Armentrout writes? Well I’ll probably never know. The one thing I do know is that I absolutely freaking loved this book.
We start out meeting Katy, she has just moved into a new town thinking that all she was going to spend her senior year in boredom. Well that’s not the case, because little does Katy know she’s in for the ride of her life, and it all starts when she meets her super hot neighbor Daemon.
Who couldn’t resist a guy that answers the door without a shirt on, especially when he has a body like Daemon’s? Well that is until he opens his mouth and it turns out his the biggest jerk on the planet.
I loved this book more than any book I’ve ever read. It’s always got your heart racing wondering what’s going to happen, and making you scared to read on. These are the kind of books that I enjoy, the ones that make it to where you can’t put it down. Ones that you would rather keep reading instead of going on with your daily life. Ones that you choose to read rather than eat. Although that may be a great way to diet, it’s not good for you haha.  
So if you haven’t already read this book I suggest it! It’s well worth your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment